Looking for another way to experience that south of the border taste with that of the classic hamburger, this could be it? It is up to you just how far south you go? Some like it Hot! This can be tailored to accommodate most any taste, mild to extreme. If you like anything Mexican this will become one of your favorites. Of course Mexican would not be Mexican without jalapenos peppers. Adjust the heat according to your taste. Chipotle peppers are smoked jalapenos and most times have a vinegar based sauce. When you review the ingredients you will need to have on hand or get from the grocery according to Fluffster on www.food.com the egg can be omitted if the meat is served rare or medium-rare. Another, handy hint to keep in mind is if the burger patties are not holding together instead of changing the recipe she suggested maybe more breadcrumbs are needed, like recipes for meatloaf, etc. Of course if too dry add maybe even a few drops of water.
It will take about 45 minutes of total time to complete, 20 mins prep and 25 minutes cook time according to Fluffster and yields four servings. You need to have on hand or put on your shopping list the following ingredients:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 large egg, You decide?
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (from a 4 oz.can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- To prepare:.
- Combine the beef, 1/2 cup salsa, egg (if using) and the 1/2 packet of taco seasoning.
- Mix in large bowl.
- Shape into 4 even burgers. Place the mayonnaise and chipotle chile in blender. Cover and blend until nice and smooth.
- Grill or broil burgers, turning once, until desired doneness. Serve on buns topped with chipolte chile mayonnaise and choice of toppings.
- Serve with your favorite corn tortilla chips.